Friday, July 10, 2009

Introduction

About me

Really there is nothing much to say about me. I am just a very original man with an aspiration to succeed in the finacial sector. I live in a family of 4, in the tiny island of Singapore. Please do not question my political views, i still want to live a peaceful life.

I graduated with a 2nd upper hons degree in mgmt from UOL external programme. Completed the CFA level one exam in Dec 2007 and APRM exams in Apr 2009. I am currently waiting for the CFA level 2 exam result, and studying for the CAIA level one exams and FRM full exams coming in Sept and Nov respectively.My interests are in banking and finance, particularly in areas revolving around fixed income, derivatives, equities, alternative investments and risk management. I believe to be a sucessful financial professional one must be humble and learn continously, also one must put ethics and customers on the utmost priority of his list.

I previously left DBS private bank, in which i am with their fixed deposit operations. I am now helping out with administrative work in a family owned construction firm.

Who do i want to work with? What type of work do i seek.

The answer is simple, anyone who can utilised my skills and reconized my talents even if they are not really big talents. Money is a secondary issue. Of cause no one would be happy if he is paid $1800 and realised that some one in the same company that is lower qualified then him is paid $2800, this is human nature. Anyway you cant really fixed an amount on me, or anyone. As an employer you are hiring a talent, not a good.

I seek to work in areas that fits my interests as mention above. I am not a person that is build for a sales job, so no sales job for me please. Having gain some valuable insights at banking operations I felt strongly that my personality is suited for an operations or middle and backend functions jobs. Again i am open to explore areas and functions.

This Blog is intended for few purposes.

  1. Provide answer to tricky CFA, FRM, CAIA, PRM related questions. I may post them randomly in the blog
  2. Provide insights to finance terms and concepts
  3. Act as a platform for me to find a job cause i am still jobless

This blog contain advance finance knowledge and is only suitable for those whom have good solid financial background. I would put things as simple as possible but this would mean that i have to give up the technical aspects. This would lower the accuracy of my ideas. So accuarcy or simplicity there must be a balance. I am writting this blog in a semi formal way so that it does not look too childish but yet it does not bored my readers to death.

Again i cannot gurantee my accuracy of what i wrote here. I may interprete something wrongly, or even if i am correct what applys in theory may not apply in real life, what apply now may not apply in future. Economy changes and financial concepts and applications changes. The same thing maybe view differently by different people, no one including me can have perfect gasp and understanding. So if you feel to differ leave a comment, dont worry about leaving negative remarks on my writting because this is how i think is a great learning platform.

I would try to introduce financial concepts in a humourous way to kept everyone entertained. As i have too little time please pardon me with my bad grammar and spelling mistakes. This blog cannot gurantee the accurancy of anything you see it is meant for education and entertainment, it is not meant to be use as an investment or risk advisory. I would not bear any loss that is resulted because you read any of my posting. Remember the money you are investing is yours, do your own reseach, ask questions, observe and use your judgement.

Frequency of updates.

This blog would be updated as and when I am free. I am currently doing both FRM and CAIA level one exams and helping out in a local construction firm. Sooner I would be landing a job in banking and finance and this means i would have lesser time to update my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment